Welcome to 6th grade! I love working with children and 6th grade is my happy place. This is my twelfth year teaching 6th grade at PCK. Prior to coming here, I taught 5th grade in Englewood for three years, and I taught kindergarten in Westminster for two years. I also taught drama and Shakespeare in Denver for five years. In addition to my classroom responsibilities, I am the school coordinator for the Battle of the Books program and I am the school sponsor for the DCSD Shakespeare Festival. I have a deep commitment to literacy and am passionate about reading. I love sharing my enthusiasm for books with my students.
I am married and have two adult children, and we live here in Parker.
These are a few of my favorite things:
- Color: Purple
- Beverage: Diet Coke or Coffee (Skinny Vanilla Latte)
- Treat: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Music: Rock and Pop - Sting, Train, Maroon 5, Edwin McCain, OneRepublic, Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson, and Sister Hazel
- Sport: Football - Teams: Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, and Green Bay Packers
- Collectibles: Fairies, Tinkerbell, Harry Potter, and Halloween
- Hobbies: Reading, watching movies, attending the theater and concerts, playing games, gardening, hiking, and spending time with my family